Friday, February 29, 2008
Undergraduate Call for Papers
West Virginia University Undergraduate Philosophy Conference
April 4-5, 2008
Keynote Speaker: Hud Hudson
Professor of Philosophy, Western Washington University
West Virginia University’s Philosophy Department will be hosting its second annual Undergraduate Philosophy Conference on Saturday, April 5, 2008. Any undergraduate student is invited to submit a paper on any topic in philosophy.
Requirements: Each submission should include a 100 to 150 word abstract. Papers should be no more than 10 pages double-spaced. Please include a cover page with the paper’s title, author’s name, mailing address, e-mail, phone number, school affiliation, and word count. Please do not put any self-identifying information in the body of the paper because the papers will be sorted for blind review.
Deadline: Please submit papers electronically to email@example.com by Friday, February 15, 2008 (still open for submission).
Papers should be sent as attachments in Word or pdf format. A $100 stipend will be awarded to each participant to help cover travel costs. Up to two nights hotel accommodations provided for conference participants. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Sapere Aude, the College of Wooster Philosophical Journal, invites undergraduate students to submit philosophical papers in all areas of philosophy.
Papers must adhere to the following:
1. Each entry should be prepared for blind review and must have a title page containing the author’s name, college, and year. (No other identifier should be present within the paper.)
2. All entries should be no longer than 15 pages and may include footnotes as a supplement to the text.
3. Paper format: one-inch margins, double-spaced, 12 pt. font, Times New Roman, and should include Chicago-style citations.
4. All pages, except the title page, should be numbered.
5. All entries should be submitted as an electronic copy (doc. only, please) to sapere_aude@wooster. Edu.
Please send any questions to: email@example.com.
Deadline: March 20, 2008
Announcing the first annual Undergraduate
Philosophy Conference - May 9 and 10th 2008 at the Ohio State University.
Seeking papers of 10-15 pages (15-20 minute presentations)
Deadline: March 11, 2008
For more information: http://philosophy.org.ohio-state.edu
Labels: Undergraduate Journals